Lineal is made up of a team of industry innovators, weary of outdated solutions, who are highly driven and motivated to work together to further Lineal’s promise of countering legal’s most pressing issues through an optimal blend of advanced technologies. Lineal’s managed review services are an integral part of that mission. What makes Lineal Review Services a great partner is that we put ourselves in the shoes of our client and solve problems for them the way that we would want them solved ourselves. We pride ourselves on doing things that if they had the time, resources, technology, and knowledge – our clients would do themselves.
Lineal’s managed review team assists corporations and their legal counsel by helping to improve the overall document review process from the outset of a matter. Our core focus is to create and execute on technology driven, efficient, defensible, and uniquely tailored review workflows for our clients. Our team of experienced attorney technologists provides consultative support to our clients related to search term assessment and validation, review and quality control workflows, technology application throughout the review process, privilege logs, data breach and privacy review, data subject access requests, compliance, and internal investigations and second requests.
The Manager of Managed Review will be responsible for all assigned managed review engagements. The Manager will be responsible for all matter set up activities and requests as well as all day-to-day activities of those assigned projects including training and onboarding of the review team, ideation and implementation of the QC process per matter, tracking and reporting, substantive question ownership, decision log creation and circulation, ensuring the overall quality of the review deliverable.
Managers will also be an integral part of growing Lineal’s managed review services by taking part in drafting and updating department SOPs, creating documentation and training material surrounding integrating new and existing technology into the workflow, and acting as an ambassador for managed review both inside and outside the company. The Manager will collaborate closely with Lineal’s Client Services and Operations teams to provide seamless delivery to our clients across the project’s entire lifecycle. The Manager will also be the point of contact for staffing for their project.
Managers will possess excellent writing skills and communicate effectively to teammates, leadership, clients, and counsel. The Manager must display a consultative approach with our clients and counsel and function as an effective trainer and teacher for both our review team as well as our internal services teams. Managers will have experience and an interest in growing their skills related to the use of review-related technology including tools and processes related to structured and unstructured analytics, predictive coding, automatic redactions, DSARs, and search term assessment.
- 2-3 years of eDiscovery managed review leadership and workflow consulting experience
- The desire for a career path in eDiscovery and the willingness to learn new technologies, have an interest in innovation and a problem solving style of working.
- Advanced knowledge of litigation management software including Relativity, NexLP, Brainspace, Blackout, etc.
- And understanding and experience of the DSAR process.
- An understanding of how predictive coding affects a review process.
- Demonstrated ability to provide document review services for multiple cases simultaneously.
- Experience building, managing, and assessing large teams of contract reviewers.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Legal Degree required and completion of the LPC preferred.
- Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply now by sending an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.